Thursday, September 15, 2005

Weird thoughts about Karin

Who am I? Why am I "me" and not "you"? I am no one. I do not have a personality. I am always changing, like a river, like the sea. I am a crossroads where different forces meet: the relation between the winner force and the rest is what people commonly understand under my name. I am a way of organising, and putting into relation, the music that I listen to, the food that I eat, the Politics, the Economics that I suffer, the weather, my (or anybody else) memories, sex, religion, history, urban design, my body,telecommunications, the cartoons that I saw as a child, my family, the people that surround me...Every little change makes something new of me, because the relation between the forces is changed...
Yesterday was Karin's last day in the bookshop, she is going to Paris, and I did not think whether that was going to affect me. We went to that pub in Poland street that is now managed by Indian people and had some drinks. We laughed for a while and said farewell at the end. Once at home, before going to bed, I had to visit the toilet and I discovered whitout surprise that I could not recognize myself in the mirror. She has probably taken with her some of the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that I am, without any of us realising about that. I have filled the gaps that have remained with the little moments that she gave me in the bookshop. Even forgetting her is not forgetting her completely, cause now she is a part of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home