Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pavlik

is the man behind EINY. I have spent two extended periods with him in Russia, both as students, and the two images below, both of which remind me of his deep understanding of our Russian cousins, will (I hope) remind him of these trips and serve as a tribute to his passionate Russophilia. And it is, of course, a good way to start reminiscences.














The Volga at sunrise, taken from Korsakov



















A view from flats in Petrozavodsk, taken from Joel Summers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange.

The Volga photograph is beautiful but I remember my time there as being pretty ugly--kicked in the goulies, held at gunpoint, shocking amount of dust...

The Petrozavodsk photograph is ugly but I remember my time there as being much happier, all-night pool games, some nice Russian friends, those nights in the Turbaza...

I would love to go back to Russia again...

10:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home