Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sunburnt

(slightly) from Saturday. I now resemble this:












That's what I get for frowning whilst being in the sun - alternating red and white stripes on my forehead. The same happened to me in Budapest during a trip on the Danube (although the sun was shining directly into my eyes, and I am far too much of a Luddite to invest in a pair of sunglasses). And last year I got burnt and my skin peeled like a snake on the first sunny day we had in Kew. Will I ever learn? Hopefully the red will turn to brown, although I'm pretty sure that my Celtic genes preclude me from tanning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been abroad, or could you tan in England? It's still utterly arctic here, though it's due to start scorching next week. I didn't even tan in New Zealand, so my Celtic genes have clearly reached full maturity.

6:46 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

Nope - just on Horsenden Hill. Strangely, there is a hurling club based at the bottom of the hill.

12:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home