Saturday, December 17, 2005

Lunchtime

has arrived, and I am sufficiently tired (having got in at 1am and got up at 7am to come to work) not to want to leave my desk and spank my Xmas bonus on CDs, clothes, trainers, or anything else. So I shall blog (a little). More will follow this evening once I've collapsed onto the sofa at home. But in the meantime, the following thoughts are running through my mind (this is the point to turn away, dear reader...)

lifelongdisappointment.com is a site full of the most delightful vitriol about bosses and co-workers.

Will Harry guide Portsmouth to victory at home this afternoon? Do I even care?

Is Grozny not the most apt name for the capital of Chechnya - why change it? Maybe it would be better simply to swap it with my hometown;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I've got a feeling I might be against all this name-changing. Well, not completely. I mean, I've got nothing against Leningrad becoming St. Petersburg. But wanting to change the name of a town, even if it is only the most hellish town on earth, as Grozny must surely be (or vying for the title along with Mogadishu and Luton), to honour that UTTER sod Kadyrov? Well, it's almost a fitting tribute. I've got a feeling Groznunians wanted to change the name of their capital once before, to Dzhokhar. Such changes of heart! (I see on Wikipedia that Dzhokhar Dudaev's ill-fated Chechen Republic of Ichkeria's national anthem was sweetly called Death or Freedom.)

Thank god you're back in the blogging way.

How extraordinary to discover that Portsmouth are in the premiership. I thought it was a Yeovil-Town-sized sort of club. Live and learn, eh?

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home