Saturday, December 24, 2005

New Year's Eve

will see the Drunken Master HiFi in session at the Hansom Cab, Earl's Court Road, London. 7pm-2am. No ticket required. Pub prices. The ideal place for a drunken funky New Year's Eve party. Some of the songs Sam and Luke will be playing as the evening progresses (and the blood/alcohol level increases) will include:

House of Pain - Jump Around
De La Soul - Buddy
Oliver Cheatham - Get Down Saturday Night
McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin Us Now
Madonna - Hung Up
Mylo & Miami Sound Machine - Doctor Pressure
The Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles
Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
Dan Hartman - Vertigo/Relight My Fire
Sub Sub featuring Melanie Williams - Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, you are heroic sacrificing your New Year for the sake of others' enjoyment. Jesus, De La Soul. Haven't thought of them since 1987. I'm loving Doctor Pressure at the mo and am playing it, like, over and over. And I must dig out my Deee-Lite tape.

I hope your Yule is wonderfully festive. I plan to gripe and moan throughout. For the Germans, it kicks off this evening with a sort of not-so-spesh meal and then they do the gorge à l'anglaise tomorrow. I'm having a pretty non-Christmassy Christmas, it has to be said.

Love galore...

3:29 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

There is no nobility to it at at - we are getting paid, and getting free drinks. £150 for a dreadful night out in a bar/club full of drunken Antipodeans and the like, then an extortionate taxi home, or getting drunk for free and playing music I like. And getting paid for it... Capitalism, baby;)

10:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a bit of capitalism, me. I wonder if anyone needs me to do a bit of New Year translation anywhere for time and a half. I could say Happy New Year, С Новым Годом, Bonne Année, Gutes Neues and all that sort of thing. Must be worth a fortune...

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. I've dug out Deee-Lite. Utter brilliance. They were years ahead of their time. And even a Russian on board...

12:04 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

I shall also try and burn you a selection of the biggest party bangers (as the youth call them) and stick it in the post. It won't be there for NYE, but maybe you could use it for Burns' Night. Or Valentine's Day.

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home