Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Google Earth

Is the most incredible programme. I spent hours playing with it last night - this is an image of my childhood home taken from Google Earth. They are composite satellite images, most of them taken last summer, but as you can see, even on an older laptop with a poor graphics card, the images are detailed. We have run this on a new P4 XP machine with DirectX and it is incredible. Google are adding address search, local services, etc to this. It is the future, so download it and start playing...



Please post your images here...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wish is my command. I don't know what it is, exactly, but anything to distract me from work. Will I be able to get photos of big muscular men in their bathrooms? Hurrah!

1:50 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

It is the Earth - you can zoom in and out at will, spin the globe. Revisit places from you youth. Visit places you could never afford to go. Find a coffee shop in Ulan Bator. Look at irrigation in Central Asia. See if you car was parked outside when the image was taken. Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

2:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work avoidance going on here. It's all reminded me I HAVE TO go to Machu Picchu, which I probably never will, and I'm of course doubly put off by the fact that John Peel died while no doubt clambering up a mountain to see it. I've just berated the Russian for never inviting me to Machu Picchu. I used to berate the ex that he never invited me to India. I must find more exciting places on this map. Have already revisited my mother's and your old house, attempted to find various Russian hotspots, but they're not in enough detail. I know this programme is going to get me in trouble.

2:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. Have you been looking at Ethiopia?

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home