Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sounds From Luke's Hifi February 2007

The CD is now done. All the regular suspects will receive a copy (despite their protests). If anyone else wants a copy, speak now or forever hold your silence... Here is the tracklist:

Carlos Alberto Goal From The 1970 World Cup Final - Brazilian TV Commentator
Procurando O Caminho - Coisa Nossa Featuring Salome De Bahia
Flautira - Ocho
Una Música Brutal - Gotan Project
Briu De La Craiova - Fulgerica & The Mahala Gipsies
Moldovan Song - Emir Kusturica & The No Smoking Band
Od Yeshoma - Oi Va Voi
Heart Beat Sexual - Jimmy Edgar
Ol' Crew - Mr. Lif
Minister For Ganja - Rappa Robert & Jim Brown
Away With the Bad - Glen Brown
The Message [Twelve Inch Version] - King Sunny Ade & His African Beats
My Favourite Things - Mark Murphy
You Have Got To Have Freedom - Pharoah Sanders
Aftershower Funk - Joe Bataan
Les Fleur - 4Hero featuring Carina Anderson
At The Dark End Of The Street - James Carr
Mbube - Solomon Linda's Original Evening Birds
The Wild Rover - The Dubliners

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely right up my alley. I've even heard of some of the people, for once.

6:46 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

Excellent. slightly world music-y this time, but I have had a rash of listening to folk-influenced stuff recently.

7:41 pm  
Blogger Bowleserised said...

Can I have one?

8:28 am  
Blogger Amy said...

Ooh, I've never been to your blog before but BIB sent me here to say happy birthday. Happy Birthday! And I do very much like CDs; especially compilations and I haven't heard of many of the artists but I'd really like one if that isn't really cheeky?
Have a lovely day!

9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welshy, sorry to be a blog-memory stalker, but you HAVE been here before. (I really should blog less.) Lukeski was the man who did that World Cup English commentators post, remember? And why do I remember that? God, I don't think I've slept since November. Is your birthday being fun, Liukchik?

10:22 am  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, Bib you are right of course! Although I am now scared that you have been watching my every blog-move...!
Well, seeing as I've been here before, can I have a CD please? :)

1:06 pm  
Blogger lukeski said...

Just finishing up at work. A large breakfast lunch has left me comatose most of this afternoon. I will send all the Berlin-based CDs to BiB - he will no doubt see at the Stammtisch and pass them on (if that's ok?). Anyone else can mail me to liukchik at yahoo dot com with their address and I'll send the CD...

6:20 pm  
Blogger Blonde at Heart said...

How do I get one?
I cannot believe you heard about Oi Va Voi. I thought they were popular only around Hebrew-speaking crowd.

9:50 am  
Blogger lukeski said...

Mail me to liukchik at yahoo dot com with their address and I'll send the CD... I even ship internationally...

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home