Sunday, January 08, 2006

Marc Bolan

Whilst travelling back from Brixton to Ealing this afternoon, we somehow managed to cros the Thames 3 times (due to my complete lack of directional ability once I travel south of the river. I had already passed through Barnes on my way down to Brixton, but this time we passed the Marc Bolan Memorial, still covered in handmade tributes some 28 years after his death. Fans still risk their lives to post these tributes - there is no pavement, and despite traffic-calming measures, the cars still race down the road. I assume many of the people posting these tributes must be fans from the 1970's now in their late 30's or early 40's now. T-Rex had always seemed to me to be a second-rate hippy/glam rock band who had a hit on the back of a Levi's ad about ten years ago, but he/they still seem to inspire dedication from fans. Such are the mysteries of fame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home