Monday, January 16, 2006

Master i Margarita

is magnificent. Watched the first episode (chapter?) this evening, having, of course re-read the start of the book on the Tube. Ivan Bezdomny looks suitably like a muzhik. Berlioz is less bald but just as annoying as I had imagined. Woland is older than I had imagined. David Bowie had always been in my mind's eye, but I guess he doesn't speak Russkii. And he is a dreadful actor (apart from Labyrinth)... I'm off tomorrow, so I can do the whole thing. And without non-Russian speakers, so I won't have to explain what is going on constantly. And I may even try to go skating if the weather is OK. Or I may just go to bed. Now I am listening to some Roma music, one of the joys of my life. Ussa Sa by Acquaragia Ciocarlia from Italy has just wandered off into Katiusha. Absolute bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home